Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 9 , 2008; Volume 04, Number 16

Click here for the audio file of today's program

Click here for a transcript of this program

Thanks for dropping in again today, to you long-time listeners. And welcome to those of you who have just found the program. I hope it meets your expectations. Send your comments and suggestions to me at RobertCAngel@gmail.com. I read them all, and appreciate each one. You don't have to agree with my analysis to have your comments read and taken seriously.

This week we focus on a preliminary look at the historic visit of Chinese President Hu Jintao to Japan. He's still there, so everything has to be preliminary. But I've got plenty of information about the trip, and preparations of the trip, to consider with you.

Also, we consider the significance of legislation going through Japan's parliament this week that modifies the rules under which Japan's extensive space program operates. The international media hasn't paid much attention to this. And to me it seems potentially significant.